Stolen Trek Pilot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Butterfly

Veteran
My beatiful Trek Pilot 5.0 was stolen this afternoon from Exmouth market off Farringdon Road. It is a slightly purpley Blue (Hyacinth, officially) and carbon fibre. It's not very big, I think either 50 or 51cms, with a brand new 10 speed cassette. It has the brakes on the American sides and unfortunately I'd left my Exposure Maxx-D light on it. Please keep an eye open for it, thank you.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Bollocks, sorry to hear about this Butterfly.

Linford

My bike was pinched from my garage which was behind a latched gate. They took their time, were able to reach the security light sensor (now fixed) and deflect it to they could work to unscrew the garage door (now fixed). I also made the error of not bolting the bike down or that there were any sensors in the house to alert to movement in the garage (now fixed, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me) , and that the gate was not deadlocked (now fixed). It was also only 6ft high, so they just hopped it(now fixed so very difficult to scale), and once around the corner were totally untraceable(GPS tracking would sort that). If I had one of these GPS trackers, I would have been able to track it in real time and am very certain that it would have been able to give a coordinate position on a my smart phone through google maps. They also do one as a bike tail light which is about £90 and will live in standby mode for 12 months. The built in vibration sensor trigger in it will send a text to your phone straightaway if anybody messes with them when locked up, and allow you to start tracking in real time.

I rarely even bothered to carry a lock with me before when I rode it as I never let it out of my sight, but in the garage down an unlit alley, they just plodded away until they got what they wanted :sad:

Top Bottom