Stonehouse Wheelers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jo25

Hi,

Is anyone here involved with the Stonehouse Wheelers? I've been trying to email them but the emails keeping getting rejected by the recipient's server. I will get round to ringing them but just thought they may like to know.

Cheers

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Hello,

Not able to help with your query sorry, but I just thought I'd say hello as I'm local.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Hello Jo25,

I'm down Eastington way so not really too far away. The majority of my riding at the moment is to work and back and I don't get out a great deal for leisure rides. When I do get out I tend to head in the opposite direction to Nailsworth and keep on the relative flat along the A38, which does lead me on to one tip for routes around here, which is don't go up Frocester hill!
Are you new to the area? What routes have you tried?

OP
OP
J

Jo25

Been in the area about 18 months but only been cycling for about 2. My commute is between Nailsworth and Nympsfield and that's a big enough hill for me, so not planning on trying Frocester Hill just yet! Apart from that its mainly been the cycle track between Nailsworth and Stroud, a circuit Nailsworth, Nympsfield and down Selsey common, or through Avening and up to Tetbury and back. So not tried much yet.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I take it you go up the hill and along Tinkley Lane to Nympsfield, if so you are right, that is enough of a hill. Have you had any luck in contacting the club yet ? I see there has been a few views of this thread and I would assume some of those would at least know what you asking about.

Jaded

There are loads of routes - the area between here, Cirencester and Malmesbury is full of great lanes and quieter roads. Cotswold Water Park has a good cafe which makes for a nice cake stop on a 35 mile loop.

Or you can go over the A38 and southwards.

PS PM me if you'd like a chat about routes etc.

OP
OP
J

Jo25

Thanks for the birthday wishes Chromatic. You're right I do come up the hill and along Tinkley Lane and I start pretty much in the lowest part of nailsworth so its up hill staright away. Going home is fun though!! if a little terrifying at times! No-one has replied about the Stonehouse Wheelers yet, don't know if that means no one on here is associated with them.

Jaded, thanks for the info on the cake shop, that is definitely the sort of information I need to know! though the thought of a 35 mile ride scares me a little. I will PM you over the weekend, when I have a bit more time, about routes, Cheers!

TammyLynn

I'm associated with the Stonehouse Wheelers, and I'd be happy to answer any of your questions.

I'd like to know where and how you are trying to contact them as it sounds like a link or address or something is out of date and needs to be updated.

Our website is here: http://www.stonehousewheelers.org.uk/
I'm the secretary and you can contact me directly if you like. My email address is tamarakwan(at)googlemail.com My phone number should be on the website above. I'll double check the email address on the site to make sure it is working.

If you like climbing hills we have a tough right this Sunday up Coopers Hill. If you aren't so good on hills don't worry, we will wait on you at the top. :-)

We are a friendly cycle club and have a variety of easy and hard rides. Even the hard rides are fun with us, we are very easy going and we never leave anyone behind.

Top Bottom