Stop here sign

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzaboy09

I was cycling towards some road works and undertook the cars to stop at the red light. I guy got out and said what you doing you supposed to stop at the stop here sign just im front of my car. which was on the pavement. I missed it. My bad. But I am trying to find the rules on this and can't find anything. Wondering if anyone knows the rules on stopping at this sign.

figbat

Slippery scientist
See section 30. From my untrained reading, it looks like the driver was right.

Yes that would be annoying. Roadworks usually means single file traffic so you'll have a long queue of cars behind you.

Normal traffic lights are fine.

Mike_P

Guru
I came across a set with the stop sign immediately before a road junction to the left side of the road and the lights immediately after the junction:crazy: No vehicles waiting so I pulled up at the light so as not to be a possible hindrance to anyone turning left and then waited for the couple of cars that had queued to pass before setting off. Strictly not right but seemed appropriate in the circumstances.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
If I'm confident of getting through lights on the next green phase, then I usually join the back of the queue rather than filtering to the front.
I always keep at least one car behind me through roadworks if possible, since an oncoming nobber set off before I was through. They seem more reluctant to drive head on at another motorist.

Mike_P

Guru
I did on a lengthy stretch get told by a workman that it was okay to ride through the closed section (the right side of the road) which I did when I saw opposing traffic approaching.

Drago

Legendary Member
Although behind the first car is the safest place.

Top Bottom