Straightening Forks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevetailor125

I've had mixed advice, I have an old Puch and the fork is bent inwards slightly on one side, it hasn't twisted out of alignment. Has anyone tried straightening a fork, I was thinking of a piece of tubing over it and gently pulling it back out, it isn't accident damage I know exactly how the fork got bent so would you do it. The forks have a long shaft so I have no spare ones to replace them with

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
I think I'd measure the diameter of the headtube and see what's available on Ebay.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Are you talking one blade pushed into the middle more than the other, or is it back/front position.

Most steel frames can be cold set - i.e. re positioned by hand, but, and it's a BIG BUT, forks are safety critical !

I'd personally get new ones made from a frame builder, but if it's a hack, and you aren't going to be doing 40-60 mph on it, then either get a frame builder to sort it (bend it back), or have a go yourself.

OP
OP
S

stevetailor125

No its one blade pushed in slightly, the front to back is fine, infact I even took it for a quick ride and you couldn't feel it.
It is only going to be a touring hack, I've got health problems so can't go speeding around like I used to. As a teen I used to drool over Puch touring bikes and finally got hold of one :biggrin:

Top Bottom