Strange Adult kiddie tandem spotted - what is it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rob_mcp

OK, I was cycling through london the other day and coming the other way was a bike on which the adult was upright on the back with handle bars etc. just like a normal bike and a small child was on a recumbent style seat up front with crank etc. on a boom like a recumbent.

A quick trawl of the web revealed a 2 adult version at some exorbitant cost but I can't find a kiddie one. Anyone any ideas?

I'd have thougth for 2 adults the extra weight on the front would make emergency stopping interesting ( or maybe just better padded for the rear rider as he/she flies over the bars)

Ta

Rob

Arch

Married to Night Train
Sounds like a Hase Pino, and yes, kids can use them too as you'll in the pics on that site.

The kidztandem can also be adapted to take a recumbent front seat.

I've never heard of a Pino doing anything like an over the handlebars stop. I'm not sure it would be possible. The rear rider is much further behind the front wheel than on a normal bike, and the front rider is also behind it - that's a lot of leverage needed to get it up and over...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yeah, I didn't get a chance to try it, but it seemed to go down well, even if little James looks a bit dubious...

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I like the look of that ... if a little on the expensive side in comparison to a buggy... but the idea of then continuing the journey by changing mode is brilliant. Pity my kids are past that stage.

OP
OP
R

rob_mcp

Looking at the pictures with the kids bottom bracket i guess it was a hase pino - won't be getting one of them then!

thanks

Rob

Top Bottom