Strapless Clips..?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hawk

Veteran
Was looking for a set of clips+straps to replace the ones I currently have on my pedals. Not quite got enough money to go clipless!

I came across these on wiggle
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/zefal-toe-clips

The "clipless" model is hailed as being easy to get in and out of. I'm sure it is, but from the picture it looks like they might well just slip out whilst I'm going up a hill!

Has anyone here ever used strapless clip pedals, are they any good?

musa

Über Member
I rather prefer the pedal straps, the one that's bikes tend to come with. Only issue I had with them, was getting back into them, when moving off at traffic lights and stuff

HovR

Über Member
I've used a pair before - They are better than flats for road use in the sense that they stop your feet slipping forward/off the end of the pedals - However you can't get any "up pull" on them, and your feet are not secured from side to side movement - So I prefer full clips and straps.

They were fitted on the Ridgeback when I bought it, iirc the were marketed as urban toe clips and they were good for that environment. IMO not as good as clipless but they are still 10x better than flats. One thing I find good with them and clipless you can lightly pull up the pedal of your dominant leg so you are ready to push of in traffic and your foot slips less than it wood with flats.

Top Bottom