Strava for e road bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Now I'm riding an e road bike I've adjusted my Strava to ebike. It states emtb which may explain why on a 65 mile ride I only came across two segments. Looks like I'll be busy populating Strava with road bike segments.

Glad you’re recording it properly. We have a few around here zooming up the local hills and pretending they are on manual bikes. Spoils it a bit for those that pay a subscription as they are interested to see how they fare against their own sex and age groups.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A few years back, a guy I knew who was a good cyclist, had a ride on an e-MTB locally and took a load of KOMS. Before he'd even had chance to edit the ride (literally minutes after it uploaded from his Garmin), it was flagged and deleted.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Unfortunately it mostly comes down to rider honesty. While riding an e-bike isn't cheating, as is often insinuated, using one to knowingly take Strava segment positions certainly is cheating.

There are plenty of e-bike riders that do take delight in having segment positions and KOMs, either to annoy the human powered riders, or just because they have no qualms about cheating.

TBH, e-bike segments are meaningless as it is just a representation of who has the most powerful kit? Strava for e-bikes must surely just be a tool for recording rides for the social aspect (who rode where with whom), ride distance and frequency as well as maybe monitoring personal development?

I have had some of my rides flagged and deleted as e-bike rides even though they weren't! Some people just can't stand to be beaten ... :laugh:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I have had some of my rides flagged and deleted as e-bike rides even though they weren't! Some people just can't stand to be beaten ... :laugh:

Wish I was that fast.

mustang1

Guru
I also noticed these options in strava but now i am confused: when i ride an e-mtb off road, i select e-mtb as my ride option.

But what if i ride my e-mtb on road, or even an e-road-bike off-road? Should I go with the type of bike I'm riding or the type of terrain I traverse?

All my rides are flagged as ebike ride - as I only ride ebikes
However, there is a huge difference between doing PB in Eco mode and doing it in Turbo mode

However, I have a question.
WHen I get home and tell Strava I am home then it processes teh ride and comes up with all the stats etc
Any segments I have been through come up and sometimes it says I have got e.g. 3rd place
How is this - it is an ebike ride but all the other are normal bikes so how come it tells me I am 3rd (or whatever)???

Have I got something wrong?

mustang1

Guru
I hide all my strava rides by default then upon uploading, I set it to Followers Only. The primary reason is to stop thieves checking out my ride patterns.

Apart from a few of my friends who follow me, I stay away from everyone else's data; I simply have no interest in anyone else's performance. Sometimes I will check out an athlete like Mark Beaumont or whoever.

Top Bottom