Stripped Crank Replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Couldn't say but you can get the real deal for fifty notes here;
https://www.bankruptbikeparts.co.uk...-triple-52-42-30-teeth-chainset-fc-4403-sh403

si_c

Guru
The Spa RD-2 triple should work - same BCD, same axle size, I'd give them a ring and ask them personally just to make sure.

gilespargiter

Veteran
You could of course take the oportunity to consult a gear chart and have your ideal chain rings if you go for the spar cycles one - which uses long running BCD's which allow a small inner ring.

(you can change the wheel and tyre size in excel - but their is bugger all difference between mtb26" and 700)

Attachments

• 27 GearTable.xls
    265 KB · Views: 33

Ajax Bay

Guru
Another 'New member' joining, posting a question, getting some decent answers and not coming back to read them.
@gilespargiter What's a"long-running" BCD? All these triples' inner ring BCD is 74mm, no?
And the OP made no mention of gearing issues. With 52-42-30 on the chainset the OP's seeking to replace, paired with a sensible cassette (eg 12-27 or even 11-30 9 speed) that gives the rider a wide range of gear lengths.

gilespargiter

Veteran
Another 'New member' joining, posting a question, getting some decent answers and not coming back to read them.
@gilespargiter What's a"long-running" BCD? All these triples' inner ring BCD is 74mm, no?
And the OP made no mention of gearing issues. With 52-42-30 on the chainset the OP's seeking to replace, paired with a sensible cassette (eg 12-27 or even 11-30 9 speed) that gives the rider a wide range of gear lengths.

Clearly a BCD - BCD's that have been used for a long time. Also these particular ones allow for especially wide ranges.

Your opinion on "gear lengths" is subjective and limited. (definite statement).

Why does their have to be a mention of "issues" to say that now is a good time to suit one's desires best?

Not all triples have such an inner BCD - no (positive definitive).

I'am sure "skitt's" law probably cuts in here somewhere. I have just learn't about that LOL. . .

Last edited:
Top Bottom