Stuck between two shoes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yazzoo

Ok before you all say order both and try them on I'm after any advice about the quality of shoes etc, they're similarly priced but do they represent the same value? Anyone had an awful experience with either? Or love them and wouldn't buy anything else? Or would you recommend something else around the same price point? I've no experience with either, my old shoes are an older, more plastic-y looking version of these -
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-womens-wr32-spd-sl-road-cycling-shoes/ but they've seen better days - basically is it worth me ordering both or are you going to tell me not to touch one of them with a barge pole cause they'll disintegrate after 50miles?

So these are the two contenders
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-r107-road-cycling-shoes/

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/northwave-womens-starlight-3s-road-shoes-1/

Klassikbike

Both brands have usually a simmilar fit, from the two the Shimano shoe seems to be of higher standard, stiffer, better closing ratcheting, better materials used.

bikeman66

To be fair, Shimano don't make many things that aren't up to the job and two or three of my friends wear their shoes and would probably swear by them.

I've never used Shimano shoes personally, but I did have a pair of Northwave MTB shoes a few years ago which were pretty well indestructible. I don't think you'll go too far wrong with either to be honest. Personal preference on colour/design will probably be the deciding factor I guess.

bpsmith

Veteran
Can't comment on the NW's, but I have those exact Shimano shoes. Have used them for 18 months and they are really good. Comfortable with plenty of adjustment in the straps and enclosure. Relatively stiff where needed with the carbon front sole section. Been used in wet and dry and still looking good with little sign of wear. I would definitely buy again.

vickster

Legendary Member
I'd order both from wiggle and return the ones that fit less well. If they are the exact same fit, then it'll come down to aesthetic appeal. You may need to order your usual size and the size up :smile:

Given that would be £300+ you may want to do it at the start of your credit card statement period so the refund is back before you need to pay for them!

Don't forget Quidco with wiggle for a couple of quid cashback

MissyR

The shimano ones look better imho but that's purely looks. I looked at these ones when I was show shopping not so long ago but I found a pair of sidi genius 5 for a very reasonable price and went with them.

mrbikerboy73

Über Member
I've got some Shimano MTB shoes and they are excellent. They weren't cheap at £80 but they were worth it. They are a snug fit for the size so that's something to be aware of. I've also got some cheaper Northwave (around £50) for my other bike that I've had for maybe 4 years now. They've seen all sorts of weather and they are still going strong. No splits or cracks and the Velcro fasteners are still as good as the day I got them. Both good brands IMHO.

Top Bottom