Stupid electrical problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I have a Kettwiessel Evo Steps but now after couple of years of ownership decided I should know how to turn the standard lights on or off. This is in good used condition but I cannot find any way of turning the lights on.
The internet and the owner’s manual are of no help.
Somebody must know but before I start phoning around can anybody point me in the right direction?

richardfm

Veteran
You might have to go in to the settings to turn them on. They will then be on every time you turn the bike on.

OP
OP
oldwheels

oldwheels

Legendary Member
You might have to go in to the settings to turn them on. They will then be on every time you turn the bike on.

Thanks, I suspect you are correct in that assumption but I have no idea where to start on that. I have looked as far as I can but no sign of anything relevant.
You would imagine the manual would tell you but it is a blank on that subject.

Dadam

No idea if it's the same but on the Bosch Purion display/controller you hold down the assist up button for a couple of seconds to turn on/off the lights. It's also the same on the King Meter display on my DIY converted hybrid, so it's worth a try.

OP
OP
oldwheels

oldwheels

Legendary Member
No idea if it's the same but on the Bosch Purion display/controller you hold down the assist up button for a couple of seconds to turn on/off the lights. It's also the same on the King Meter display on my DIY converted hybrid, so it's worth a try.

Worth a try but I will not be out at it till tomorrow if it is not raining.

OP
OP
oldwheels

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Thanks to all who responded but particularly to @Dadam who made a suggestion which worked and I now have working lights.

There has been criticism in the past of those who go on to a forum rather than search online themselves.
I did search on line but could find no information so tried here with success. Even the detailed makers manual did not help.

rydabent

Veteran
How new is your bike. It may still have a small clear plastic insulator in the battery compartment, that you have to remove to use the light.

Top Bottom