Suddenly started getting ads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Having paid a subscription specifically for no ads, this is a little off...
Any news, @Shaun ?

winjim

Smash the cistern
Yep, I've got them but as I use the site for free then fair enough. If people who've paid are getting them then that's a bit off.

Shaun

Founder
Apologies. Google enabled and auto-ads-experiments feature and started inserting ads without notice. The ads are disabled and so is the "feature" - so it shouldn't happen again.

For anyone who is interest, you can remove banner ads for a whole year for just £9 - click on your username and select Account upgrades (or click this link).

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
For anyone who is interest, you can remove banner ads for a whole year for just £9 - click on your username and select Account upgrades (or click this link).
Hi Shaun.

I got a reminder the other day and renewed my upgrade immediately but the Account Upgrades/Purchased Upgrades info has not been updated to show that. It still says that my upgrade will run out in a couple of days time.

Shaun

Founder
Hi Shaun.

I got a reminder the other day and renewed my upgrade immediately but the Account Upgrades/Purchased Upgrades info has not been updated to show that. It still says that my upgrade will run out in a couple of days time.
Hmmm ... not sure what's happened there; sorry about that Colin. I'll look into it and get back to you.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That worked - thanks!

But, I am now getting multiple notifications of it. I thought that I had turned them all off?

I am not asleep yet but I keep my phone nearby to act as my alarm clock so push notifications can be a pain. The Met Office were terrible for it... Warning of Heavy Rain. Rain Warning cancelled. Actually, we were right first time... Heavy Rain warning!

Shaun

Founder
Hopefully those should stop soon. I fixed the issue, but then had to manually adjust and re-apply a couple of recent renewals, which likely prompted the alerts.

Thanks to everyone who upgrades - your support of CC is much appreciated. :smile:

Top Bottom