Sufferfest Training Videos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm not much of a one for the Turbo but I do find it useful when I'm ill, short of time or stuck in or the weather is foul. Normally I watch a DVD or listen to music whilst I vary the turbo effort but it is still boring.

Having been reduced to the turbo recently due to a chest infection I was searching around for a way of making it more interesting when I came across the Sufferfest videos. As they weren't expensive and you could conveniently download them, I thought I'd try them out.

Not being a turbo animal I took their recommendation to start with Sufferfest Angels Which contains race footage of Liege Baston Liege and Alpe d'huez. it's a 6.30 track warmup, followed by four 8 minute climbs with 4 minute rest periods between climbs. The video works on percieved effort and gives you instructions about what effort to make with suggested cadence targets. Effort on the climbs varies with various sounds being clues to step it up or settle back and a soon cursed whistle which signals you to respond to an attack, You also get some on screen encouragment if you still have the energy to look up, such as, "This is Albert Contador you're trying to keep up with not your chubby mate from the club!" Music is good and backs the video up well and if you match the percieved effort to your heart rate zones the whole thing is an excellent workout and far more exciting than my usual turbo sessions. It took me three attempts before i managed to ride the whole video at the effort it was asking me too and respond to the attacks.

Overall, great fun and I will be trying a few more of them once I've got this one nailed properly. Big files to download though, Angels is 1.8Gb so make sure your broadband allowance is up to it

Top Bottom