Suicidal Cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
The truck net seems reasonably balanced. The odd idiot, but with people putting a good case forward.

This guy seems to have the right view...who cares if you're in the right when you've killed someone.

Does it really matter who is right or wrong? personally i hope i never have to stand in court explaining why a cylist had to be mopped up from under my wheels and if the only excuse i've got is they should've been in single file i'll deserve jail.
i always give the little suicidal [zb] plenty of space.

On the whole I find most truckers to be ok, I dont recall any significant incidents while out cycling. Motorists on the other hand, well thats another story.

Maybe having been a HGV driver myself, I have a better understanding of how to ride in the vicinity of large vehicles.

We have a cycle track that passes across the front of an aggregate yard in Fareham. Lorries always queue up across the path leaving a few inches through which to pass - right in the blind area in front of the cab, and you can't go round as the queue is the same all the way along

Suggesting this is not a good idea does not go down well.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I was surprised to find that the contributors to truck.net were, by and large, pretty sensible. The odd Clarkson wannabee, but the first few contributions were reasonably sensible.

Origamist

Legendary Member
That was one of the better threads I have seen on a trucker forum. If you don't believe me, use the search function!

Some of the opinions I encounter on CC concern me more...

Top Bottom