Suitable Cat Eye

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Triple3

I use a basic cat eye strada on my bike and my elderly father would like one to basically track his distances. My question is will the strada slim work on a hybrid city bike with wider forks, will the slim inside fork leg sensor still see the magnet ? Mine is the older model that tie wraps to the fork leg behind and i tilt the sensor in but my dad tried one and kept knocking it in. He is 75 and just wants a basic option that has easy to use functions and large display. Im looking at buying him one for christmas

Would he consider a cheap Garmin like the Edge 20 or 200, there's nothing really for him to set up and no sensors to knock.

OP
OP
Triple3

Triple3

Would he consider a cheap Garmin like the Edge 20 or 200, there's nothing really for him to set up and no sensors to knock.
Thanks for the reply, I suspect not as he does not own or use a computer, laptop, ipad so all the downloading data to garmin would be uneccessary unless of course the edge 20, 200 are just basic computers that dont map rides ?

Thanks for the reply, I suspect not as he does not own or use a computer, laptop, ipad so all the downloading data to garmin would be uneccessary unless of course the edge 20, 200 are just basic computers that dont map rides ?
They are basic computer but with GPS, you don't need to download them but thinking about it further you do need to charge them every so often and that might be a chore for him.

midlife

Guru
Can you cable tie the sensor upright behind the forks with a spacer on a normal Cateye Strada? lots of people Tue them in facing forward which works as well.

Shaun

OP
OP
Triple3

Triple3

Can you cable tie the sensor upright behind the forks with a spacer on a normal Cateye Strada? lots of people Tue them in facing forward which works as well.

Shaun

Yes, thats what i do but my dad knocks them when cleaning and storing his bike so I was looking for a more discreet method

midlife

Guru
I was thinking about the inside of the fork like this

250720_8095_XL.jpg

Shaun

Top Bottom