Summer gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chewy

Hi all. Am in the market for some more gloves and thought I'd ask you guys if you knew of any bargains! ;-)

Garz

Squat Member
I picked up some nice northwave stealth gloves from the LBS in the sale bin. Pretty comfortable gave them their first 'summer' ride this afternoon to test them out!

Rebel Ian

They didn't have shoes in mine but the socks were pretty good too and the windproof gilet is my new favourite piece of cycling attire!

nightoff

I've always found the Lidl/Aldi summer gloves to be good value for money.

OP
OP
chewy

chewy

Well they would bring out my eyes......

Have got some gel padded mitt's coming for £8 all in! Same make as my winter ones so confidant the sizeing will suit and quality will be half decent!

zacklaws

Guru
Out of all the pairs of mitts that I have worn, the best pair has been Nike Tempo, silver coloured. I saw a pair advertised on Ebay a long time ago, as what Lance Armstrong wears, so I thought if their good enough for him, their good enough for me, after checking out the validity of the claim, I bought a pair. Unlike alll the gloves I've worn they have a lycra back, padded palms and the lycra covered your hands over the wrists. I thought they might be a bit to warm, but found that you do not even know you have them on. Even if you put two fingers through the same hole, you only notice it if you look at it, whereas with most gloves I found they became very irritable and consious of the finger holes.

The gloves are that good that I bought another two pairs for spare for when I have worn my first pair out, and my first pair is almost worn out and threadbare, but I keep sewing them up as I cannot part with them, after using them for over 2 years and about 9000 miles in them. I am tempted to also buy some of the black Nike Tempo ones as well, also lycra backed but shorter, as the ones I have got are now rare to get hold of.

Top Bottom