summer wheels and tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sparrow101

i'm considering getting a second set of wheels/tyres for the summer, at the moment i have fulcrum racing 7's with michelin oriums.
i'm not looking for high end wheels as the roads here aren't very good, its also quite hilly, i'll be using them mainly for distance use and sportives (my 1st one will be the dragon ride)
i'm considering getting either the easton ea50sl or fulcrum racing 5 wheels
tyres; either michelin pro race 3 or schwalbe ultremo

which would recomend or do you have any other suggestions

SimonC

sparrow101 said:
i'm considering getting a second set of wheels/tyres for the summer, at the moment i have fulcrum racing 7's with michelin oriums.
i'm not looking for high end wheels as the roads here aren't very good, its also quite hilly, i'll be using them mainly for distance use and sportives (my 1st one will be the dragon ride)
i'm considering getting either the easton ea50sl or fulcrum racing 5 wheels
tyres; either michelin pro race 3 or schwalbe ultremo

which would recomend or do you have any other suggestions

Racing 5's - got some meself which have had all kinds of hammer, from commuting to training to road racing. Had them 18 months, used virtually every day, and never gone the slightest bit out of true, never had to touch them.

Pro Race 3 - great tyres, again got the same, used them all last spring and summer, never punctured on them. I think Ultremo's have been subject to some manufacturers recalls??

OP
OP
S

sparrow101

SimonC said:
Racing 5's - got some meself which have had all kinds of hammer, from commuting to training to road racing. Had them 18 months, used virtually every day, and never gone the slightest bit out of true, never had to touch them.

Pro Race 3 - great tyres, again got the same, used them all last spring and summer, never punctured on them. I think Ultremo's have been subject to some manufacturers recalls??

these were my first choice but i was worried they'd be too stiff for longer rides (i weigh 67kg), some reviews on the eastons say they have some flex

OP
OP
S

sparrow101

well i ended up spending more than intended and bought a set of spinergy xaero lite wheels and they came with specialized all condition tyres,
they are a much nicer ride than the f7's due to the flex in the PBO spokes, they respond well and are considerably lighter,
spinergy 1535g
fulcrum f7 1930

Top Bottom