Sun Solo Woe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Gutted! Day off work and no rain. Pulled the Sun Solo out of the shed its been in all winter. Planned light resto and was going to use it as my "knocking about on" bike.
Hadn't even used a spanner in anger when I noticed the crack in the seat tube. Looks like a short seat post, too high up, has cracked the gas pipe!
IMG_20160125_101142229.jpg

IMG_20160125_101206470.jpg

So instead of beginning to get my latest old stead back on the road, I'm going to be feeding the spares boxes. That's annoying!

OP
OP
B

bancrobba

RIP Solo!
IMG_20160125_140230582.jpg

IMG_20160125_140240896.jpg

More bog standard parts in the box!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Is that the end of the frame's life then? I ask because i too put a crack in my aluminium Scott frame by having my saddle stem too far up the seat tube. Four years and many thousands of miles years later i'm still riding it. I put some superglue on the crack to see if it widened or lengthened but it's still about 2cm in length.

OP
OP
B

bancrobba

Yeah. If it was a good frame, I really wanted to keep, probably might have sorted it. Would be looking at LONG seatpost! But it was going to be sold after a couple of months. Wouldn't risk anybody else's safety in my frame bodging expertise!

sidevalve

Über Member
Seems a shame to bin it - such a repair would be simple for a good welder and not cost much - blessed be the steel.

Top Bottom