Suntour VX Accushift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
does anyone know anything about these? I've just bought a bike with this derailleur and I can't find any info. All I know is it's a 6 speed, it's from late 80s/v.early 90s and it's indexed, probably? I've had a look through Velobase but no joy. Is it right that suntour used a different indexing system to shimano? I haven't picked the bike up yet, just trying to get some background info

$_57.JPG

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@mikeymustard it always amazes me how different makers dont allow there products to be interchangeable with others if you know what i mean .

Cant say i have used that model before but have used other suntour products with shimano non indexed levers and not had any great issues

OP
OP
mikeymustard
it always amazes me how different makers dont allow there products to be interchangeable with others if you know what i mean
Er yeah (cough, iPhone). If it all works ok I'll probably transplant it onto a Raleigh Elan frame I got back in the summer but was too small. I've got a nice rsx set - including wheels, brake shifters and compact chainset that's been waiting for a home - it would make a nice little upgrade I reckon.

Edit: (or is it rx100? Can't remember now, I'll have to go and have a look!)

OP
OP
mikeymustard
Thanks Shaun I didn't think about Disraeli gears, I always just go straight to velobase; it's like the bible to me - if it's not in there it doesn't exist!

Edit: can't seem to find it in Disraeli gears either, guess I'll have to wait til I pick it up to check the model number, I suppose it could be a Raleigh special [rebadged] or something

Last edited:
Top Bottom