"Super Deluxe" brand folding shopper. Anyone know this brand?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
image.jpeg
This is my mates. Single speed with pedal brake.
Anyone have any info about this brand?

image.jpeg

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I'm not going to be much help with this but with the exception of the fold and the colour, that frame is identical to one my Aunt has recently disposed of in a clearout of the junk in her outbuildings (but not before I'd snaffled the 3 speed Sturmey Archer wheel and fittings - the rest was too much of a project for me).

The one she had claimed to be made in Italy (I'm afraid I don't recall the brand name) and I suspect the same bike was sold under a few different names, much like the Raleigh 20 was.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

I'm not going to be much help with this but with the exception of the fold and the colour, that frame is identical to one my Aunt has recently disposed of in a clearout of the junk in her outbuildings (but not before I'd snaffled the 3 speed Sturmey Archer wheel and fittings - the rest was too much of a project for me).

The one she had claimed to be made in Italy (I'm afraid I don't recall the brand name) and I suspect the same bike was sold under a few different names, much like the Raleigh 20 was.
There s bazillions of frames in this format around the world. But they're not all identical.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Looks rather like the old Universal folders that came from Eastern Europe back in the day. They were dreadful.
Got to be worth a go, though!

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

I am intrigued by the pedals, and guess they were not original spec.
They were only swapped-over yesterday. Today we did a reasonable pace 40 miler and with Chris at the helm the Super Deluxe was no slouch!

Pierrelierre

Just found the same bike in a flea market in Brussels. This one has got a three speed system, that's pretty cool ; )

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 18
Top Bottom