superstar wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
I wouldn't use them.

On the other hand you can get some good Hope Hoops for less than that. Hope have a marvellous reputation for quality, customer service and reliability and would get my money.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Steve Austin said:
I wouldn't use them.

On the other hand you can get some good Hope Hoops for less than that. Hope have a marvellous reputation for quality, customer service and reliability and would get my money.
Didn't we have a whole thread based on "My hope Hub" has imploded a while back?

Young Cubester treated himself to a pair of Superleggera wheels from Superstar. They look the business, are a good deal lighter than his Alex/Deore combo,are beautifully made, spin really easily and sound great. I was so impressed I bought a pair as well. At £150 for a pair, I can wear two full wheelsets out before I buy the Hope Pro 2 equivalent. But then Superstar are obviously shite 'cos they're cheap.:tongue:

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Google 'superstar customer service'

He's up there with Dave Hinde. They may be a good product, they may be the lightest you can get. They may sparkle like the brightest stars at night and make you more attractive to the opposite sex, but the company have a terrible reputation.
I would take my money elsewhere.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Steve Austin said:
Google 'superstar customer service'

He's up there with Dave Hinde. They may be a good product, they may be the lightest you can get. They may sparkle like the brightest stars at night and make you more attractive to the opposite sex, but the company have a terrible reputation.
I would take my money elsewhere.
I just did. There are a coule of threads going back to 2008 about how the organic brake pads weren't as good as the sintered ones, which everyone agreed were great, and as soon as anyone complained they replaced them:
http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14903770

However, from actual, real, personal experience I like their superleggera wheels. I have had prompt delivery, helpful advice over the phone and am pleased with what I have bought from them. They are inexpensive and therefore to someone who has paid £250 to £300 for a pair of Hope Hoops have to be treated with a great deal of suspicion.

If Cubster or I ever have any trouble from the wheels we will let you know. At the moment, and four months since fitting them, the wheels haven't missed a beat.

The brake pads I bought from them are OK. They don't last as long as a pair costing £20 from an LBS, but they stop as well as anyhting else I've used.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
We won't agree on this. Neil, the guy who owns Superstar sent the wrong parts to a friend of mine and then accused my friend of breaking them. He then refused to replace them and denied any responsibility. In fact accusing my friend of libelous comments and threatening him with legal action. Read some of the opinons on Singletrackworld about Superstar. I have ridden with a lot of MTBers who will never use his products again

The companies owner behaved so appallingly which is enough to put me off forever.
Their brake pads, seatposts and cranks all have proven to be cheap badly made prodcuts that don't last. Buy cheap, buy twice springs to mind.

Top Bottom