Surrey Hills

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TimP

Most specifically Box Hill, Ranmore Common and Leith Hill.

We've done some exploring of these areas, and found some nice routes, including some single track on Leith Hill and interesting sections of bridle path on Box Hill and Ranmore Common.

Though with nothing being marked and local knowledge being the best way to find trails, unless someone shows me something there is a good chance I'm not going to find it.

So has anyone got any particularly good tips for the area that they would like to share?

spence

Über Member
True most is not way marked (there are exceptions, ie Summer Lightning) but most trails are so over used now they're pretty obvious on the main three hills (Leith, Holmbury and Pitch) such as BKB/Golden Birdies and Telegraph.

A good place to start is Nirvana in Westcott, they do organised rides and did at one time sell marked up maps. You may also find someone to tag along with, if you ask nicely, same goes for hanging around the shop in Peaslake or the tower. Try posting on STW's forum or the Hurtwood control site.

Box hill is not quite so blessed with the cheeky trails but there's still plenty to keep you occupied, loops can be put together out to Juniper Hill and back across Hadley Heath and Mikelham Downs. Same goes for Ranmore Common. Some of the mags (MBR??) have published some "Killer Loops" for both I believe in the past and JustRidingAlong used to sell maps.

Hope this helps, it's difficult to explain exactly which bush on the left you have to go through to find the hidden gems without being there. May be down there is acouple of weeks, I'll let you now.

Top Bottom