Swinnerton cycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
They sold some nice bikes and had a good reputation
Are you sure they didn't make any ?

OP
OP
C

carpenter

Über Member
From what I have read elsewhere, they sourced some frames from Mercian and possibly George Longstaff - perhaps they did make some also? I really don't know much about the company, but would like to find out more.

I recently put the frame for sale on eBay (I withdrew it from sale before any offers were made as I couldn't bring myself to sell it😊).
One of the potential buyers offered to try to find out about the frame, but I haven't heard any more.

OP
OP
C

carpenter

Über Member
@classic33 : B804 42505

Since 653 was available from about 1978? I am guessing that 804 refers to April 1980?

I also have an 80's Mercian Olympic and the Swinnerton frame reminds me of that in some respects - can't quite put my finger on why though.

OP
OP
C

carpenter

Über Member
some photos:

OP
OP
C

carpenter

Über Member
not just pretty (although it is 😊), but beautiful build, which is why I decided not to sell - would love to know more about it

Big John

Guru
Swinnertons are fairly local to where I live. I'm in Stafford, they're in Stoke. I know they're a family of cycling enthusiasts so it might be worth giving them a ring. I'm pretty sure they'll help if they can.

Top Bottom