SwissStop brake pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Can anyone tell me the difference between these 2 sets of SwissStop brake pads (other then the colour :rolleyes:) ?

The Black ones

The Green ones

Which would be better on Mavic Open Pro rims ?

I want need to be able to stop (when ;)) coming down hills in the wet :eek:.

Can anyone tell me the difference between these 2 sets of SwissStop brake pads (other then the colour :rolleyes:) ?

The Black ones
Suitable for less aggressive riding, very good in dry and wet conditions. Specially recommended for rims made of softer alloy material.

The Green ones
High performance dark green compound for aluminium rims. Excellent in the dry and unbeatable in the rain. Extremely low pad and rim wear.

No idea about which would suit Open Pro's better though.

The Black ones

The Green ones

Which would be better on Mavic Open Pro rims ?

I want need to be able to stop (when ;)) coming down hills in the wet :eek:.

You used to get the green ones to fit Campi ?

It says the black ones are specifically reccomended for soft alu rims ?

The green ones sound better, 'High Performance' (no idea if they actually are) ?

It looks like the individual compounds will be more suited to certain conditions
Four different compounds are available. For optimised braking control choose the compound that suits your application
no idea what they are though?

It looks to be 6 and half a dozen :wacko: , its not like there's much in it cost wise (20p)

Grasen

I have no idea what the difference is.
I have always used the green ones.
Last time I changed them I was surprised that they had changed the colour. They were a green colour - now they are a very dark greenish black. Maybe the have combined the two - who knows?

Top Bottom