swop 700c for 27 x 1-1/4 (rear wheel)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Hi
I'm rebuilding a 1970s Dawes Galaxy for my son.
(I made the mistake of lending him mine for short while:blush:, and now he wants one of his own:angry:)
I've bought most of the bits I need on Ebay but rapidly running out of budget.
I'm looking for 27 x 1-1/4" , Ideally with a 6 speed freewheel that's compatible with Shimano SIS shifters (or screw on type hub that would take such a beast)

I've a 700c - Mavic E series rim, Campag compatible 13-18 freewheel that I can swop for it (I'm assuming it's campag because the derailler & shifters that were on that bike were Campag)

urbanfatboy

Über Member
is that just a rim or a full wheel?

Nick G

I have a pair of Mavic 27" wheels in the shed from the late 70's early 80's. Decent nick. I'll check the width later and let you know. it has 5 gears and ran with Shimano 600 groupset.

Nick G

Yes, it'll be OK for you. 27 x 1 1/4 . Mavic Module E label on the rear, Suntour 5 speed freewheel (I don't know about these things - so not sure if it's what you want) and Maillard skewer. Also has a 27 x 1 inch tyre.

I'm in North London - don't mind meeting in town for the swap. Want to offer me something for the front as well? I'm upgrading my fixie if there's anything useful you've got hanging around like a 44t chainring.

Top Bottom