Tacx

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cat

Hey all,

I'm looking at buying a Tacx VR (yes i know road is more fun, but i can't always get out :biggrin:)

So my question is, what's the difference between the:

I-Magic £499
Fortius £599 & Fortius Multiplayer

Is the difference between the two that if you was free wheeling downhill on the i-Magic you would still have to keep turning the pedals or the Video on the computer would stop and with the Fortius you can stop pedalling for a short time? Is that the only difference?

What would you go for?

and do you think £599 is a good price for the fortius or can you find it cheaper?

RedBike

The i-magic can't reaslistically simulate gradients over about 5-7%, the Fortius can manage about 6-8%. Both systems claim to be able to simulate steeper gradients but they do this by making your virtual character go slower that your rear wheel is actually travelling rather than realistically increasing the resistance. Sort of simulating the effect a lower gear would have.

The Fortius also has a much more realistic 'freewheel' where it drives the rear wheel.

I've not had the chance to try the multi-player version. But having ridden both the old i-magic/fortius I would go for the i-magic then spend the 'savings' on a few terrain / vr dvds to go with it.

Top Bottom