taking new bike back ,whats what

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
The new Dolce is not a good one.
gears wont work properly after all manor of fine tuning. If it was a winter bike it would be newcables and mabe a shifter, gears are smooth in half the cogs the clack in the others, then it wont change down properly like a coroded inner causes.
it may be a frame or hanger alignment thing but either way its a bad un.
the shop PDI was awfull.
gears just wont work..
head race over tightened to the point it was restricted,pinch bolts over tight,.
rear brace adjusted incorectely so No free play ...needed the caliper re setting..and the grub scew adjusted.
pedals lose..
tyres had 60psi says on side wall 110 to 125 psi, i run them at 100, but 60psi in a road bike..
all these were ticked off on pdi report as all checked and passed.

so i doubt they will change the bike But am i within my rights to ask for a replacement??

Wife is very dissapointed ,she emailed all this after getting the bike last sunday. No Reply from Rutland
We have bought 5 bikes off them and to be honest there getting a bit like another well known franchise that has crap pdi on their bikes.all 5 of them have been dubious on the Pdi stakes.
pedal shered off wonky bars no air in forks,soft tyres etc..and always the Dont forget to bring it back in 6 weeks for a free service!!! Ffs

Last edited:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Why continue to buy bikes from a shop that has given what you consider to be poor service, on four previous occasions?:wacko:

vickster

Legendary Member
Phone them. Ask to speak to a manager. Forget email. Tell them you are returning the bike at their cost and that you want a full refund. If you don't have it within a week of the bike being received at their end, start the refund process through your credit card company

This is why I wouldn't buy a bike online. It's not like you can't get a specialized in every town, and as they have tight control over their pricing it won't cost more to buy local

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
Why continue to buy bikes from a shop that has given what you consider to be poor service, on four previous occasions?:wacko:

Its them or halfords..I like the choice and check the bikes when i get them home .Hence the faults found
but this one is faulty and cant be sorted..but thanks for your help Dirk

we're off to the shop now Vikster ..It was bough at the shop ,so we shall see later
i was hoping for legal standing on this so ill give that a go Vickster

the online Merlin and CR bikes were perfect as it happens..

vickster

Legendary Member
If you've had it less than 6 months and it's faulty, get them to sort or replace. Look up your rights ip under SOGA before you go. You should get a 6 week service any how. If it's a duff one, let them deal with specialized

ayceejay

Guru
From what you say there is nothing actually wrong with the bike just the way it was put together.
The shop could remedy this or at least should be able to and if not then return it for a refund.
Obviously fixing it is the best course of action for the shop.

classic33

Leg End Member
If you've had it less than 6 months and it's faulty, get them to sort or replace. Look up your rights ip under SOGA before you go. You should get a 6 week service any how. If it's a duff one, let them deal with specialized
Doesn't sound as though it fit for the purpose for which it was intended.
Whether it meets the other two requirements I can't say. Merchandisable quality, possibly.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Hope that doesn't put your wife off getting another Dolce. They really are lovely :wub:

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
Well after the top mechanic spending an hour fiddling we have a useable bike.
took a lot of messing and test rides..
he has ordered a new cassette as the one fitted is 32 and it should be a 30t max..
wife got lots of appoligies and new gel gloves..
its not perfect but the cassette should fix it when that goes on as it will be correct gearing for the mech.

so its try again time for the new road biker wife, i want her to like this so the gears do need to work .

Last edited:
Top Bottom