Tales you've seen / heard at work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I could tell you a few stories about the company I work for now but most of the protagonists are still working there so it might be a bit risky. Suffice to say the boardroom table was involved in one story as well as an overdose of testosterone.

Back in the 70s I had a job for a few weeks for Gleesons, as assistant to the engineers who were setting out the M40 where it goes up through the Chiltern Hills in the Stokenchurch Cut. At the site offices we had our own little locker room next to the switchboard. After I'd been there a few days somebody showed me the secret of the JCB poster, where you lifted the bottom of the poster to reveal a hole in the fibre board wall. If you got down and looked through you could see straight up the skirt of the receptionist next door. One day I got back for lunch and thought I'd take a quick peek before eating my sandwiches - got down, lifted the poster and.... there was an eye looking straight back at me! I heard a lot of angry talking and somebody saying "It was the one with the long hair" and a couple of minutes later the door burst open and in walked the office manager, who told me to get that effing hole filled in quick. Embarrassing.

Top Bottom