TDF - Watching in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So, I'm live close to where it will pass in Woodford.

1. What are my chances of getting close enough to see anything without camping out the night before?

2. Has anyone told them there's cattle-grids on the roundabout crossing the A406 and should I make a little sign ^_^

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I'm going to watch it just outside my office as they come off The Highway and onto Lower Thames Street. It's a Monday afternoon so I expect there will be loads of office workers and tourists but the real fans will hopefully be somewhere else.
The riders will only be a few kms from the finish so by then I expect the peleton to be flying and the whole thing will be over in less than 10 seconds, so I'm not going to invest too much time waiting to get a prime spot.

T4tomo

Guru
So, I'm live close to where it will pass in Woodford.
1. What are my chances of getting close enough to see anything without camping out the night before?
2. Has anyone told them there's cattle-grids on the roundabout crossing the A406 and should I make a little sign ^_^
1. pretty good in Woodford I'd have thought, hardly a cycling / tourist Mecca
2. I wouldn't have thought the organisers or tour pro teams would bother looking at the route before hand so your signs will be very useful. Its not like the highway agency have such signs^_^

552---Cattle-grid.gif

OP
OP
M

Markymark

1. pretty good in Woodford I'd have thought, hardly a cycling / tourist Mecca
2. I wouldn't have thought the organisers or tour pro teams would bother looking at the route before hand so your signs will be very useful. Its not like the highway agency have such signs^_^

552---Cattle-grid.gif
Thanks, I'll give it a go and see if I can get to see.

I'm a little worried that as its the Tour De France people will only speak French and not understand the English sign. I'll have to do a little drawing or some clever hand signals as they approach

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Thanks, I'll give it a go and see if I can get to see.

I'm a little worried that as its the Tour De France people will only speak French and not understand the English sign. I'll have to do a little drawing or some clever hand signals as they approach

I'm quietly chuckling to myself wondering what the international hand signal for a cattle grid would be. The best I can come up with is to make horns with my fingers then judder my whole body as if crossing a grid.

Top Bottom