Teach me to show off !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Took the kids to the park today and ck #1 was on the swings so i decided to jump on the other one and gave it the beans .I reached what was a safe limit for height ....... or so i thought.
Slipped off the seat at the top of the swing then tried to hold on and landed on my shoulder and head , thankfully the park had that rubber stuff on the ground or it could have been very nasty .Nice bit of "park" rash on the left shoulder and a bump on the head .
Suffice to say i did not set any records on my cycle loop this afternoon .:B)

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Ha! That's nothing. A decade or so ago I went to Roundhay Park in Leeds with my wife and kids and did a dance routine on the water feature outside the Tropical House. It was a series of steps with water running over them. I slipped and fell landing with the sharp edge of one the steps bruising one of my kidneys. I did the walk of shame, bent double, in excruciating pain, soaked from the waist down, back to the car. I was signed off work for a fortnight. It took over a week before I could stand up straight.

Octet

Veteran
Last time I saw someone stuck like that, they'd to take an angle grinder to the central bar, between the legs, to get him out.

Changed to a better video, they use an electric saw on this one :biggrin:

But in response to the OP, let's hope your shoulder heals quickly... there's always next time :P

classic33

Leg End Member
Not the same person, but good enough (and still as funny).

Let's hope they have to pay for damages, and for the call out of the fire fighters.
Now imagine that being used between the legs!
I think the looks on the faces of those who've come to "rescue" him says more than they do.
Punishment to make certain he doesn't repeat it do you reckon?

slowwww

Veteran
My 6 year old daughter was desperate to go down the steepest ramp at the local skate park on her scooter, but every time she put the front wheel over the edge her courage failed her.

Que re-assuring Dad who showed her how it was done by grabbing her scooter, launching himself off the top too fast, cocking-up the landing and face-planting the side of the ramp. The most hurtful bit was the howls of derision from the 'cool' teenage skater-boys as most of my left cheek was being smeared down the concrete.

Needless to say, neither she nor I have been near the skate park since!

Top Bottom