Teman Bicycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darragh

Has anyone any experience with Teman bicycles?

I've seen a few advertised on eBay for around the £200 mark.

Naturally I'm suspicious that you could get anything half decent for that price, but I was just curious if anyone has ever ridden one or knows somebody with one.

There's next to nothing about them on the internet in general which is also a bit worrying.

Thanks,
Darragh

crumpetman

Did Tesco used to sell these?

Edit - my mistake, I think they sold Ammaco or something like that.

I have had a look at the specs on the ebay listings and personally I would try and put some extra money towards a purchase of something like the Carrera TDF from Halfords or a 2010 model Specialized Allez or similar.

If you don't want to or cannot find the extra cash then look for a second hand bike.

Fenstourer

I have just bought one after my bike was stolen, it is a good entry bike, changes as you would expect from a bike in this price range. You will need to check it over to make sure all is connected and tightened up, as my rear wheel disc was very loose. Also the pedals are not the best in the world.

It is a lightweight bike and have found that it can reach good speeds. After you have sorted out all the creeks and groans through poor assembly then its not a bad bike. On a par with the lower end bike sold at halfords for £300.

But if you can afford more money then it is best to go for something with better gears etc. Or just add the better stuff as you go and you will find it a good bike.

Fenstourer

To sum up, if I could have afforded more money I would have taken the advice of the previous guy, this teeman is a stopgap for me until i upgrade. Though that said the frame is roughly welded and a good eye for gears etc at car boot sales would make it better.

Top Bottom