Tesco LED Head Torch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just bought one of these today - £6. Forward planning for when I'm getting home later in the year / early morning starts and need to check the bike over in the pre-dawn or twilight / fix things out on the road where the lighting may be poor.

Takes 3 AAA batteries and has a bank of 4 white led's (can select just the middle 2 or have all 4 running) plus 3 smaller red leds on a different setting. How waterproof it is I'm not sure, but a bit of precautionary tape might be useful methinks. Good strong elasticated band to fit to my bonce.

This is my first head torch, so didn't want to spend too much in case I didn't get on with it, but have just tried it in the darkened room and very impressed so far. Going to be brilliant (pun intended) to have both hands free for working on the bike. It's really bright! :biggrin:

Anyone have experience of this or other head torches? Do you use them on rides or just as an accessory for inspecting/fixing?

peanut

any chance of a piccy or linky ? I was thinking of strapping one to my cat :whistle: so he doesn't get lost at night

Tynan

Veteran
I dearly hope for the money that it's s sealed unit

It's got a thermal cut out dontcha know

RedBike

BrandTescoColourBlackFeatures of Product4white led +3 red led headlamp. Led life time: 100,000 hours. 2led+4led +3led function. 4w hite led +3 red led headlamp. south korean led. operated by 3aaa size batteries (not included), 2led+4led +3led functionMain Body MaterialPlasticMaterialPlasticProduct Depth6.0 cmProduct Height10.5 cmProduct Weight56kgProduct Width6.8 cm

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I have tried using a Petzl which is fine for illuminating my computer and front wheel, but not much else (looks bright if you look straight at it). I have also tried one of these, first time I used it as I approached a blind bend the on coming driver dipped his/her lights before coming round the bend...

Top Bottom