Thanks ColinJ!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Having received my Deda Dog Fang without instructions I was very pleased to find this web page, which on closer inspection appears to be penned by ColinJ!

It enabled me to go back into the outhouse and fit the fang the correct way round :blush:

potsy

Rambler
That is indeed our Colinj's website, though I think it needs a name change :whistle:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That is indeed our Colinj's website, though I think it needs a name change :whistle:
Bar Steward! Yes, I'm thinking of changing it to Slower and Fatter, but it doesn't quite have the same ring to it, does it!

Speaking of slow, overweight cyclists ... how come you haven't signed up to my Dales ride from Settle yet? ;)

Rebel Ian

Colin J is indeed a very helpful chap. It's thanks to his very helpful answers to my persistent questions that I've turned my Garmin Etrex from an expensive paperweight into a useful navigational tool. Top Man
thumbsup.png

ColinJ

Colin J is indeed a very helpful chap. It's thanks to his very helpful answers to my persistent questions that I've turned my Garmin Etrex from an expensive paperweight into a useful navigational tool. Top Man
thumbsup.png
:blush:

Well, when my new cycling web site finally comes online, I expect you chaps to drop in from time to time and check it out! ;)

potsy

Rambler
Tell us more !

All the threads and people who get banned from here will have a new home on Colin's website
thumbsup.png

ps I have been doing a 'Big Steve' and burying my head in the sand regarding the 'Dales' ride.
Officially it is a bit too far away as it means an hour and a half drive each way, plus the 8(?) hour ride, I then have to get up very early the next day as it falls on my early shift week.

Unofficially I am feeling very unfit and fat after having a cold for the last 3 weeks, my commutes are bad enough never mind all the pain of that ride :ohmy:

ColinJ

Tell us more !
You know those Super Randonneurs who go on to complete Paris-Brest-Paris in sub 80 hours? Or a rider who forges a successful career as a top UK roadie, eventually makes it into a Pro Tour team and comes 3rd in the Olympic Road Race? Maybe someone who breaks the Round-the-world cycling record? Time triallists who can do a '25' in less than 50 minutes, or sub 4 hour centuries? Cycle couriers who can ride fixed at 25 mph against the traffic down a one-way street, one hand holding their phone to contact the office, the other rolling a spliff which they then smoke on the way to their next delivery? The bloke who rode along a tightrope over Niagra Falls?

Well it's going to be a website for cyclists like them!

Sorry, it's not going be a website for cyclists like them! ;)

It's going to be for ordinary cyclists who want to ask a few questions and get simple hints and tips to improve their cycling; useful information; laughs; routes, whatever ...

Let's just say it will be for any cyclist who knows less than me, and hasn't yet done what I've done, but wants to get to my (former) best level and beyond. Once they are confident riding hilly 200s, or fast centuries, can fix their bikes when something goes wrong, and generally could teach me a thing or two, then I'd invite them to give something back and contribute to the site themselves.

Really, it should be like a condensed version of parts of CycleChat with a narrower focus and my personal touch.

And ... I'd be trying to earn a living from it! :whistle:

As Rebel Ian has so kindly pointed out, I do go out of my way to try and be helpful here on CycleChat. I just decided that I should put a hefty chunk of that effort into my own site. I'll still post here, but I'll be making more of my posts on my own site instead.

colly

Re member eR
ps I have been doing a 'Big Steve' and burying my head in the sand regarding the 'Dales' ride.
Officially it is a bit too far away as it means an hour and a half drive each way, plus the 8(?) hour ride, I then have to get up very early the next day as it falls on my early shift week.

Unofficially I am feeling very unfit and fat after having a cold for the last 3 weeks, my commutes are bad enough never mind all the pain of that ride :ohmy:

OK Potsy the excuses are logged. What time will you be at Settle then ?:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Baggy

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
After a virus like that you're definitely doing the right thing taking it easy, try to forget the fact that I'm catching you up on mycyclinglog and concentrate on getting yourself well :tongue: .

Top Bottom