That singlespeed experience...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PrettyboyTim

I found myself having That Singlespeed Experience on the way into work today; my gear cable broke, and I was stuck in top gear at the back.

It wasn't that bad actually, although I don't really fancy the hill on the way home. Off to get a new cable at lunchtime...

Thought you were going to say you'd rolled your jeans up and bought yourself a Rapha cap...

yello

One doesn't simply "buy" a Rapha cap. One applies for the bank loan then makes a sacrifice at the alter of high fashion. There are no virgins left in NW1 so you'll need to take your own.

OP
OP
PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim

The cable tends to fray inside the gear changing unit on the handlebars. Obviously, being enclosed I don't tend to notice until it's snapped.

It's normally preceeded by the gear changing becoming pretty sloppy and me thinking "I wonder if I should check that gear cable..."

As for going fixed - I don't think so. I don't fancy pulling the child trailer up a hill on one... :biggrin:

Not fixed. just single speed

E

Euan Uzami

PrettyboyTim said:
I found myself having That Singlespeed Experience on the way into work today; my gear cable broke, and I was stuck in top gear at the back.

It wasn't that bad actually, although I don't really fancy the hill on the way home. Off to get a new cable at lunchtime...
should've got a rapid rise. then you'd have been stuck in bottom. ;)

Top Bottom