the 5. 2 diet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
One thing that I find interesting is that the long steady weightloss is distorting my body image. I still have a few inches of flab round my waist and I keep thinking that I am getting bigger again, but when I check my weight and measure my waist I find that I am either remaining steady, or slowly losing weight/size.

I am getting used to being slimmer, so instead of feeling slim because I am 60-odd pounds lighter than I used to be, I feel flabby because I am about 10 pounds heavier than I would like to be.

I will make sure that I do not drop below a 32" waist. I had a 30"-31" waist when I left university and I was too skinny then.

brand

I noticed some were saying it didn't effect their energy levels. I have an advantage here. I was very ill for a while with an infection which attacked my right knee. Leaving me with near zero cartilage. I was told to cycle as I am nearly totally dependent on cycling I was rather pleased. I couldn't manage it on a bike as the muscle had wasted away. So I bought an exercise bike. I obviously measured my progress accurately. All exercise was done brfore breakfast. Monday fast day no effect. Tuesday exercise before breakfast no effect. Wednesday fast day again no effect. Thursday a regular small drop in progress not huge but my notes definitely showed some.

Last edited:

PK99

Legendary Member
I noticed some were saying it didn't effect their energy levels. I have an advantage here. I was very I'll for a while with an infection which attacked my right knee. Leaving me with near zero cartilage. I was told to cycle as I am nearly totally dependent on cycling I was rather pleased. I couldn't manage it on a bike as the muscle had wasted away. So I bought an exercise bike. I obviously measured my progress accurately. All exercise was done brfore breakfast. Monday fast day no effect. Tuesday exercise before breakfast no effect. Wednesday fast day again no effect. Thursday a regular small drop in progress not huge but my notes definitely showed some.

Guys in my club who were serious races in the 50s and 60s/70s used to train before breakfast most days. Get up, ride for an hour, home, breakfast, cycle to work. In modern parlance it is called bonk training.

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
One thing that I find interesting is that the long steady weightloss is distorting my body image. I still have a few inches of flab round my waist and I keep thinking that I am getting bigger again, but when I check my weight and measure my waist I find that I am either remaining steady, or slowly losing weight/size.

I am getting used to being slimmer, so instead of feeling slim because I am 60-odd pounds lighter than I used to be, I feel flabby because I am about 10 pounds heavier than I would like to be.

I will make sure that I do not drop below a 32" waist. I had a 30"-31" waist when I left university and I was too skinny then.
You can see how people become anorexic! I'm the same I look at the (very small) bit of fat around my middle and think, hmm that could go. But at 5'11" and 72 kg I don't really want to lose any more weight. I make up for my weight loss on non fast days with lots of chocolate and beer *
:thumbsup:

*Actually, I don't over indulge. Well, sometimes I do, but mainly I'm still pretty good on non fast days.:biggrin:

brand

You can see how people become anorexic! I'm the same I look at the (very small) bit of fat around my middle and think, hmm that could go. But at 5'11" and 72 kg I don't really want to lose any more weight. I make up for my weight loss on non fast days with lots of chocolate and beer *
:thumbsup:

*Actually, I don't over indulge. Well, sometimes I do, but mainly I'm still pretty good on non fast days.:biggrin:
I dislike beer, alcohol in general but as I live in a rural area I feel it is my duty to support local amenities. So despite my general distaste of alcohol I go to the pub 2 or 3 times a week and drink lots of it.
Chocolate or cake on the other hand is different. I am capable of not buying them on my occasional "forays" (word of the day) into town. BUT the landlord has decided to open a shop inside the pub so I regularly end up buying a bar of chocolate AND if I take short cut through the kitchen the landlady tempts me with cakes. For ages someone kept putting chocolate bagels in my panniers and threading them over my handlebar! Sometimes I wouldn't find them in the panniers for 2-3 days. Didn't make any difference I still eat them.
The other day I remember getting home from the pub and eating 2 scones? At first I thought I must have bought them in the pub then I remembered on the way to pub I called in at a new cafe. I had an egg sandwich and a cup of tea but I had forgotten I had virtually no cash. So I told them I would catch them latter. Made sure I got cash back at pub and called on the way home. Not sure what time it was. It was dark but could not remember much else other than asking them to open the cafe and get me a couple of scones. I must have been thinking of there cakes the whole time I was in pub!! Beer and diet discipline do not go together.... ever!:popcorn:

Last edited:
Top Bottom