The BBC - Morning Live or The One Show?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
a bit like Jeremy Vine on Radio 2,
That's another one on the "cannot listen to" list. In fact, Radio 2 was once upon a time my main source of listening, but is now a last resort. So much better on offer now, in this age of digital radio.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Neither. They’re both schite

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
They're the same programme aren't they, I remarked to my family the other day that "Morning Live" might as well be called "One Show AM". Same style of vapid presenters covering a truly weird blend of unconnected subjects... you might have Rylan shamelessly plugging his new show, then we lurch to an utterly tragic story about a kid with cancer, and then back to Joe Pasquale introducing a funny dog on a skateboard.
Chewing gum for the eyes, as Father Ted said.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
They're the same programme aren't they, I remarked to my family the other day that "Morning Live" might as well be called "One Show AM". Same style of vapid presenters covering a truly weird blend of unconnected subjects... you might have Rylan shamelessly plugging his new show, then we lurch to an utterly tragic story about a kid with cancer, and then back to Joe Pasquale introducing a funny dog on a skateboard.
Chewing gum for the eyes, as Father Ted said.
Sounds like Pebble Mill for the 2020s.

gavgav

Guru
As soon as Jermaine Jeans turned up presenting the one show, then it was time to avoid it permanently. To be fair though, he’s done well for himself, considering he wasn’t even a great footballer.

Is one better than the other? Is the evening one just the morning one with different presenters? Anyone a bit annoyed at paying for them both?
I don't watch either routinely. The licence fee would be worth it for radio 4 alone. I doubt anyone could watch or listen to much more than 1% of the output of the BBC.

Quite possibly not for much longer

View: https://youtu.be/0AqdG93ZHJs

Hard to have a Radio show from prison

Anyone got a summary for people who cba with a 14 min video ?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I don't watch either routinely. The licence fee would be worth it for radio 4 alone. I doubt anyone could watch or listen to much more than 1% of the output of the BBC.
If you watched BBC 1 for 24h a day you would only be on about 10% of national TV and Radio output never mind the local services and online stuff. So your 1% is probably correct.
It amazes me that people get so concerned about it.

Jeremy Vine on Radio 2,
Not many shows have me wanting to throw things at the radio, but that sh*t stirring muppet manages to do just that! You can never hear what’s being said by the guests at the time (usually with opposing views on a given topic) because he’s too busy talking over them, while goading them into tearing strips off each other then telling them to calm down! Tw*t.

Top Bottom