The benefits of an exercise bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I started a thread some 18 months ago on this subject but I am now in a position to state categorically that (for me at least) it really worked.
I will agree that, if its possible, riding a real bike will normally be more effective but for the last 6 months I have found that difficult.
Over 12 months (leading up to December) I had 4 operations which I allowed to affect me mentally as well as physically......to the point I had virtually stopped cycling.
With Spring looming I decided (in February) to get 'bike fit' on the exercise bike................I do not enjoy bad weather cycling :sad:
So I started with 5/10 minute efforts and built up to 45 minutes---flat out----3 times a week.
Last Saturday I did my first road ride together with a mate who is 15 years younger/does yoga & gym 4 times a week and is generally A LOT stronger and fitter that me. But he hasn't been on a bike since the end of summer.
Because I thought I may struggle I took the lead. We did 20 miles. It was only when we finished that I found out he had been struggling to keep up and yesterday he told me his legs have been aching since.
The back of my legs felt it right at the end but apart from that I felt quite good.
So.......I say a big YES for the exercise bike :smile: :smile: :smile:

jarlrmai

Veteran
Keeping up your CV training over the winter pays off in the spring and summer.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Keeping up your CV training over the winter pays off in the spring and summer.

That is what I am hoping for. With the ops' it was all stop/start last year and very little got done. My aim is to "hit the ground running" as soon as half decent weather kicks in.

jarlrmai

Veteran
Yeah commuting over the winter made the difference for me, couldn't escape doing 2 x 40 min rides a day no matter what the weather,

Top Bottom