The best bike ride EVER, promise!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adventure Farm

Who can help me? I'm new to this world of cycling forums and any guidance would be very much appreciated!

I work for a fantastic children's charity, we provide holidays, daytrips and respite breaks to terminally ill, disabled and disadvantaged chidlren. In September we are holding an amazing sponsored bike ride which will take our riders from London, through Amsterdam and into Brussels - a total of 300 miles in 4 days. This promises to be a fantastic experience for cyclists of all abilities. The problem we have is that there are so many charity bike rides about and we need a way to stand out - to tell people how brilliant our charity is and how important this event is to the kids we support.

The main problem we have is that we are up against some big charities with this event. Charities that have big marketing budgets, who will happily spend a lot of money on adverts etc. We don't have a big budget, in fact we have no budget at all!! We want as much money as possible from this event to go back into helping the kids who come to visit us, expensive adverts would leave us with little money at the end of the event - and we just can't justify that!!

Is there anyone out there who could help me to promote our event? Its on 7-11 September, each participant needs to pay a £99 registration fee and must raise £1,550 in sponsorship. In return they'll get a once in a lifetime experience that will change their lives, which is exactly what they'll be doing for the children we support.

Please get in touch if you're interested in taking part, or think you could help me.

Thanks

Helen xx

Attachments

• Poster £99 reg fee September.jpg
    Poster £99 reg fee September.jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 73

Chrisz

Über Member
Hello and welcome Helen.

I wish you every success with your fund-raising and really hope your ride happens.

However, as a fairly experienced charity challenge rider I foresee a few problems. The minimum sponsorship required is quite high and will take some serious effort, enthusiasm and inventiveness on behalf of any participants. Raising any kind of funds for an unknown charity is extremely difficult as one has to spend a lot of time and effort (and sometimes cost) explaining to people who/what the charity is and what they do.

Again, Iwish you the best of luck in your venture but be prepared for disappointment!

Top Bottom