The Bill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Renard

I have watched this programme for years but it has disappeared off the screens (well up here anyway). How does the new format look?

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
Renard said:
I have watched this programme for years but it has disappeared off the screens (well up here anyway). How does the new format look?

I believe it's moved to after "The watershed"

http://www.thebill.com/

Ben M

This week is the first time that it has appeared in HD, and has moved to 9 o'clock Thursday and Friday (rather than 8 wednesday thursday)

The new intros aren't as good as the old ones =(

nigelnorris

I stopped watching it after Burnside left for the second time. And as for poor old Reg Hollis. It went downhill after they started replacing all the actual actors with the same old soap-opera array of pouting 20-somethings.

Shame really because I really did regard it as way the best soap in its day.

on the road

Über Member
I watched last night for the first time in a couple of months. I'm going to reserve judgement on the new intros to see if iy grows on me :biggrin:

PaulB

Legendary Member
We're very posh, us here at PaulB towers, don't you know, and we refer to it as "The William".

notsolazy

The bill is awful. Its so melodramatic now and never ever become a police officer in sun hill. so many of them die. Not like it was in the good old days when I was a kid when they did more policing than intertwined love stories

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
saw some of the early shows. They had their own studio base in South Wimbledon where I lived for a while, So used to see a lot of filming going on.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Wouldn't it be good if there was some sort of TV police exchange program and the cast of the Bill could do a series of The Wire and vice-versa.

notsolazy

palinurus said:
Wouldn't it be good if there was some sort of TV police exchange program and the cast of the Bill could do a series of The Wire and vice-versa.

I don't watch either, but if it was the same as the casualty/holby city crossover i can only imagine it would be an amazing show if you liked them both

Globalti

Legendary Member
I used to watch the original series, it was about Policing and every episode had a little moral tale to it, always ending with the baddie getting his come-uppance.

It's just another stupid soap now.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
First show that's post-watershed and they said the word "p*ssed" in it... I think this is a sign of things to come. The camerawork seems to be heading a bit NYPD Blue (nowhere near as jerky though, thankfully!) while the whole feel of it is now more Liverpool 1 or Mersey Blue-esque... it's trying to get down wiv da yoof, innit!

nigelnorris

on the road said:
I sometimes get the feeling they repeat storylines but with different characters and different situations.
They used to take pride in the fact that a lot of the plotlines were dramatisations of actual real life police stories. No idea how much of that still goes into the episodes.

Top Bottom