The British & Irish Lions. The last adventure in top class sport?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Terrible second half.

Yes indeed but the first half wasn't too hot either.

A terrible game of rugby, some very poor individual performances from the Lions and very poor officiating.

All in all not a great advert for the game.

OP
OP
Chap sur le velo

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
It took SA a while to get it together but once they did they were the better team on the day. It's amazing how little The Lions have been able to play to their strengths. Tag Beirne yet to effect a turnover? Biggar to move them around the park? Curry to link play? Watson to appear infield and wreck havoc? Not seeing it.

Can't see us winning next week without changes.

Need to bring Finn Russell into play (please, please be fit). Biggar and Farrell play a similar conservative style and the SA defence is just too solid.

I like Hogg a lot but yesterday was poor and hasn't made a break in two games. Watson or Williams at FB next week with a new winger - Daly?

I fear AWJ is not the force he was and It's possible Itoje will get carded out. Jonny Hill was excellent in warm ups, and with Lawes a possibility for the second row bring Simmons in at 6 or 8? Conan "the vegetarian" has been little better than solid and I've not been so impressed by Faleteau all season so maybe a big reshuffle to make room for Henderson and Hamish Watson who are both front foot players.

Only Henshaw causing them problems and even once he's clear.... I hope Gatland has more confidence than I currently do.

Absorbing rather than enthralling.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
South Africa really know how to win ugly.
A few 50/50 calls either way swung the series,

I don’t think this has helped the Lions brand. We want to see a bit more BaaBaas style running rugby.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The whole tour wasn't really a great advert for the Lions or rugby as a whole, what with the turgid rugby on the field and the SA whinging and moaning about the officiating off the field.

Six tries in three games, which was about five more than I was expecting, but still dismal.

It's not just the Lions, the way Rugby Union is generally played at present makes too often for a dreadful spectacle.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Six tries in three games, which was about five more than I was expecting, but still dismal.

It's not just the Lions, the way Rugby Union is generally played at present makes too often for a dreadful spectacle.

It all started going downhill when they got rid of rucking.

Top Bottom