The CycleChat Old Farts Campervan Treffen 2027

Are you old, crochety, own a campervan, and want to get together for a few days sometime in 2027?

  • Yes please!

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Half past three

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I don't have a campervan/motorhome

    Votes: 7 58.3%

  • Total voters
    12
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
So Im guessing now...

1. His Dragoship
2. The Fossil.
3. Toffee.
4. Derrick.

I think were approaching the numbers required to make such a thing worth organising!

As an aside, as thats a hi top Derrick you could get motor-caravan status from the DVLA when its done.

We will go for it, i need to put another window in, i think you need three. i like the idea of another opening one.
 
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Location
The Urban Fringe
Inwas thinking somewhere central to the British Isles. The Peaks?
 

Alex321

Guru
Location
South Wales
We will go for it, i need to put another window in, i think you need three. i like the idea of another opening one.

The rules are here
https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...van/converting-a-vehicle-into-a-motor-caravan

Ours meets everything except having a rigidly fixed table - we have a table, but it is loose (and normally packed away for traveling).

We could put a rail on teh inside of the van, and a clip on the table to attach it, but can't be bothered TBH. The insurers know it is still registered with DVLA as a minibus, but are happy to insure it as a motor caravan.

I doubt I would be interested in a meet up - my wife definitely wouldn't, and thinks I already have too many weekends doing "my" things.
 

Gwylan

Guru
Location
All at sea⛵
In principle, yes.
I do use batteries, so after 60km I'm stuffed.

Might bring BIL, not HID. He's more farts and cycling.
Not last week of July or first week of August 2027.
This does assume the grim reaper gives me a pass.
 
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Location
The Urban Fringe
Fear not. All expressions of interest are, at this stage, "in principle" and non binding.

So this far...

1. Drago, AKA Mr Forgetful.
2. The Fossil.
3. Toffee.
4. Derrick.
5. Gwylan.

We'll discuss where and when next year, but avoiding the big school holidays seems a sensible course of action.
 
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Location
The Urban Fringe
Id not planned any, but its a way off yet with plenty of scope.

We'll have to see what people have room for in their vans. I can carry a folder or my gravel in mine, nae probs, but others might not have the space of facilities for a bike.
 
Top Bottom