The Cycling Podcast - Our Giro

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gaijintendo

gaijintendo

Veteran
That was interesting. The ride was significantly more resistant than the tacx ones I've been running. Not sure if they make you work harder on RGT or of I'm as unfit as I feel.

I was expecting more scenery, but it was mostly a disembodied road.

Managed the course in 18-19 mins but it was a toughie for me. It seems like a shortcoming in me, but I can't find past rides or results in the app, but they are probably on Veloviewer or such. Seems very well integrated.

I can't join in tonight, but you get three days to complete a stage, so you can give yourself a rest day.

I'm not sure if the stages will be there after the tour completes...

Anyone else had a go?

OP
OP
gaijintendo

gaijintendo

Veteran
That was tougher than expected and I was worse than I could have imagined.

I calibrated my Tacx Vortex Smart each session, made sure the tyre was inflated and it was more intense than anything I've done on that turbo. FTP tests included even.

I was so far at the bottom, I checked my packmates on Strava and one was trying for the Lanterne Rouge. I must have cost him HOURS of wasted time waiting for me.

I'm genuinely knackered, proud of myself (despite lowly position) and am going to miss it. I've been using it as a distraction for the last month (lost my father in Mid April to Covid-19) and I'm going to have to put the kids to bed for a month now.

Check out what happened to my turbi tyre from Schwalbe (and the contents of my Hoover bag).

A flat tyre in another sense.

Top Bottom