The difference Gore Phantom & Function II

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iwf

Anyone any experience of the Gore Function II

I'm torn between the Phantom which I've tried on and the Function II, which I can find on line, but not in store.

A previous thread suggests one's got a harder shell. The Function must be a last year's model and wiggle show's most as being discontinued.

thanks

I don't know about the difference between them but I got the Phantom for Christmas last year, so its been out a while too.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
The Function jacket has a Windstopper shell with a loose mesh lining, where windstopper shell is a polyester face fabric with the (not completely waterproof) ptfe laminate bonded to it, like 2-layer goretex. The sleeves zip off round the vertical shoulder seam with a single zip each side.
There are zipped lower front pockets each side, and a single fairly large zipped rear pocket.
With the sleeves removed you are left with a gilet. (390g, incl sleeves)

The Phantom is a thicker softshell windstopper fabric, slightly stretchy with a very fine knit outer face and a thicker knit inner face. The sleeves are raglan pattern, zipping off diagonally to the collar (2 zips per sleeve). Under the removable sleeve there is a short lycra sleeve. There are 3 open top rear pockets, the outer two having slightly diagonal tops.
With the sleeves removed, you have a standard short-sleeve road jersey with a windproof body. (515g, incl sleeves)

Top Bottom