England : West Sussex The Fridays - Unofficial Offical Brompton Racing Section - BWC Sunday 28th July 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
BWC.jpg
The eagle eyed FNRttC blog watchers will have noted that the July ride has changed; July 26 Felpham via Faygate.

This year the Brompton World Championships are being held at Goodwood Motor Racing Circuit, instead of Blenheim Palace, as part of the inaugural Orbital Cycling Festival

Via Facebook, our very own lafster, surely the world's most very excellent German Economic Journalist and LonJOG super TEC, and Bob, the world's best ever policeman and LonJOG rim destroyer, aided and abetted by the splendid Mr Macsporran, LonJOG van driver extraordinaire, and, egged on in their tomfoolery by yours truly, have founded The Fridays Unofficial Official Brompton Racing Section.

So, if you are going to Orbital, are taking a Brompton, and want to enter the BWC as part of The Fridays simply enter as usual and put "The Fridays" down as your team name. You'll be issued with a very fetching red star lapel badge to wear on the day. Remember, no lycra is allowed, racing is in civies, and there is a prize for the most dapper entrant.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Oh yeah. And I'll be riding at the back.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I've just realised I'll be at a loose end that weekend, as Mrs W will be some hundred miles north of here taking her mother to Orkney. Does anyone know if places are still available?

I'm thinking that a night-rider should, of course, ride in evening dress.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
For the avoidance of doubt, a pretty pink frock is not the same as a black kilt.

Jus' sayin'.
There was never, ever, any doubt. In my head anyway.

But someone would have to supply the pretty pink frock.

And I'd much prefer purple.

Top Bottom