the great north bike ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bikie

Über Member
Has anyone on here ridden it? I just want to know the exact milage, some info i have read states 60 miles and some state 54 miles. It's only 6 mile difference but it may 6 miles too far for my son.

When I first did it 4 years ago it was just shy of 60, the same the following year.

Two years ago they cut out the Amble refresh point which cut the ride to 55 miles.

No real challenges initially with the longest/highest incline being the run up past Warkworth Castle - barely worth a mention.

Decent technical t-shirt and medal for finishers and fruit, energy bars and water at the start.

A really good starter audax with the only real challenges being getting to te start and the ride length for a first ride.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I think it was about 57 miles last year. It's a very nice route, and pretty much flat as others have said. It's a good atmosphere too, with people of all abilities and helpful and friendly volunteers. Last year we got a proper cycling jersey too, not just a t-shirt.

I might do it this year and try to enjoy the scenery rather than going hell for leather like I did last time.

Top Bottom