The LOOK has arrived

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Here at last, and well worth the wait. Very clean condition for a twenty odd years old carbon frame.
tempImagegbRRSY.png

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Are you think of giving it to Hambini for a roasting?
Look usually come out quite well.
According to him they are made in Tunisia not France.
It's a BB65 pressfit or do you know otherwise?

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

woodbutchmaster

Veteran
Are you think of giving it to Hambini for a roasting?!!
Look usually come out quite well.
According to him they are made in Tunisia not France.
It's a BB65 pressfit or do you know otherwise?

Not sure if l could afford Hambini ...but l am tempted ! I think that the first few were made in France and then production moved to Tunisia or Morocco ....French orientated and since they were hand made l guess the ability to communicate was paramount . The BB is threaded on this one but l don't know if it is British thread or what....this could be fun !!

mustang1

Legendary Member
Even if it was made in France (or whichever country for that matter), how was it made in France? The carbon fibres were probably made elsewhere. Then make those fibres into a frame. The design could be from a different country again and then painting the frame? Final assembly of the bike in another country with final adjustments made in France?

"Made in" is very subjective.

But regardless of where it's made, that looks like a nice frame (but I only know that because I've been viewing videos of Look bikes lately but never handled a Look).

EDIT: bloody heck, i cannot believe I had so many typos and grammatical errors. I could not even understand what I initially wrote! Anyway, I changed it to be at least somewhat readable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

woodbutchmaster

Veteran
Even if it was made in France (out whichever country for that matter), how was it made in France? The carbon fibre could have, be and probably were, made elsewhere. Then make into a frame difference else. The design could be from a different country again and then painting the frame? Final assembly of the bike from one more country with final adjustments made in France?

"Made in" is very subjective.

But regardless of where it's made, that looks like a nice frame (but I only know that because I've been viewing videos of Look bikes lately but never handled a Look).

I agree with what you say , it is all about marketing and image especially these days. Even high end carbon fibre is "made" in China and non the worse for that . I speak as someone who has first hand knowledge of Chinese manufacturing, l helped set up factories to make very good quality 'European" furniture for the European/USA markets.
Oh yes and by the way the frame is in great condition for a twenty year old piece of work. The frame and fork together weigh a little under 2 KG !

Jameshow

Veteran
Here at last, and well worth the wait. Very clean condition for a twenty odd years old carbon frame.
View attachment 674815

20yrs old! according to some it could face plant you on the tarmac at any time!

Btw I think the older carbon frames were made more substantialy. My Cannondale feels more to ust than my focus izalco. Ditto the early boardman Vs the later ones. Ribble and planet X likewise. Nothing scientific just my observations.

Last edited:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats

Top Bottom