The most heartening racing story of the year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
It hasn't been the most spectacular, there hasn't yet been any tear-jerking comeback victory, but the most heartening bike racing story of the year for me, at least, has been Jonathan Bellis's slow return to training and racing, following an accident that could have killed him and put him in a coma for some time. He's now back fully involved in Saxobank's training camp, and looking forward to the forthcoming season.

If that doesn't make you feel just a little bit happier this Christmas, I don't know what will. It's great to see him back on the bike.

Skip Madness

It's excellent to see his progression to near where he was before. I know Saxo would have seemed completely heartless to have cut him loose, but it's still nice to see how much they've rallied behind him.

On a slighty less aggressive but no less warming comeback note, Marina Romoli left hospital for a day not very long ago. I think she's still learning to walk again, but the fact that she's out and about at all is amazing.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Somehow, Inspirational just doesn't seem enough !

If he does ever manage a victory or a stage win at the TdF then I'm pretty sure there will be a few people who admit to "Lumps in the throat" moments :biggrin:

Top Bottom