The Neverending Easter Holidays..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Am I just imagining that the kids have been off for what seems to be months?

I woke up this morning full of the joys of Spring, the sun was shining, lots of work to be done, but all under control ...and then...aaaaghhhh...I remembered...:biggrin::sad:

They're still off! :ohmy::cry:;)

Now before anyone gets the wrong idea, I do adore my kids and love spending time with them etc etc ...but for Gods sake, there is a limit!
I did all the yummy mummy alpha parenting stuff last week. I'm burned out now. I need to be left in a quiet dark room to recover...

It is just me, isn't it?:sad:

I know what you mean. Mrs.P works at a school so is off as well. Any suggestion that I nip out for a ride, other than of a shopping trip variety are met with a scathing look that says "don't even think about it". We apparently have to do absolutely everything together as a family. I love them all, but even more so after a couple of hours break from them.

And as for the summer holidays.......

ChrisKH

Guru
Mrs Kh is having a snooze this pm. How do I know this? She has taken the squiddlies to see Monsters v Aliens so will be making full use of the facilities.

dan_bo said:
Get up earlier piemaster!

Has to be said though, the roads have definately been quieter for what seems like aeons. It'll be back to bedlam next week.

I am absolutely hopeless at getting up early. Asking Mrs. P to close the door quietly on the way out in a morning is not appreciated much.
I'd actually be better off doing evening or night rides on my lonesome.

Roads may be quieter during rush hours but they seem to be busier than normal during the rest of the day. On the local roads mid-morning I've started feeling very smug whizzing past stationary cars. I work away so don't have to put up with a morning commute anyway

Amanda P

Legendary Member
dan_bo said:
G

Has to be said though, the roads have definately been quieter for what seems like aeons. It'll be back to bedlam next week.

Speak for yourself.

We live 100 yards from a school. OK, there's no chaos from the school run mums just now, but when I reach the A64, it's solid with people heading for the coast in the morning, and coming back from it in the evening.

It's just a different kind of traffic.

Top Bottom