The NHS...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
You were there at my birth - in my generation 3 out of four made it to 14 (in my parents 4 out of 7 didn't)
You fixed my baby heart and lungs for me
You fixed my broken childhood bones
You patched me up when my sister split my head open
You put me back on my bike in my late teens after a crash
You rebuilt ankles when rugby and beer and motorcycles got the better of me
You saved me from being a widower and my children from being orphans when the lovely Helen's heart stopped during childbirth
You saved my life when my head, and world, caved in
You patched up my kids, you stopped them from dying of childhood diseases

and yesterday you cared for me, agreed to differ with me about helmets, treated me, and sent me on my way feeling respected and cherished, and made me so proud to know you.

Thank you

(and if anyone wants to post criticising the NHS they can kiss my ring)

Gromit

Über Member
They do a wonderful job.

Don't agree with them allowing the terminally ill to suffer though. My mum is suffering and has lost her dignaty. Slow painful deaths are not good.

Yee Gods, I've just seen the pictures in the other thread. God Bless the NHS but curse the buses eh. Hope you got the number of the one that ran you over, mind you the damage should be obvious.

I'm not sure how you did that but then again, I bet you aren't either.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Amen to that. The rapid response car was with him within a minute - it was diverted from another job. The paramedic was attentive and caring, focussed entirely on the patient and ignoring the half-dozen blokes standing around mostly not entirely knowing what to do (and the one - I forget who - who carefully and gently talked to Greg all the time). The big ambulance came from the hospital half a dozen miles away inside 15 minutes.

Top Bottom