The North Face Messenger Bag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Ive had this bag for a couple of months now and i like it. Its the bag i use to carry stuff to work, to 6th form and to go to my GFs.
The bag has been pretty heavily loaded before, its had work clothes, trainers and normal clothes.
Also had work clothes, towel, clothes for the day after, clothes for the evening.
So the bag has been pretty heavily loaded.
Oh, its had a bike frame and forks in it before aswell!
My school stuff has made it pretty heavy, with having books and PE kit in it.

The bag hasnt broken yet, nor has it shown any real signs of wear! Its waterproof, ive been out in some heavy rain with it and its kept everything dry. Its been thrown around and the material hasnt torn, and the zips havent broken.

Its pretty comfortable when your on your bike aswell. Get the straps right and it will sit there. The waist one is the main one that needs to be tight, the one that goes over your shoulder doesnt need to be so tight i find.
The waist supporter strap i think would be better if it was made out of slightly wider webbing, but thats just me.
You could change this easily though.

It was £30something from Evans. It was in the sale. Id tried to get it from where i work, but they didnt have the black one, just a strange patterned one. Its not a bad price i think, and has made carrying things easier. My old rucksack wasnt so big, nor was it as comfy. The zip went on that, and it looked pretty tatty.

My manager also has one of these, and its filled up with paper work! Its her mobile office, and hers doesnt show any signs of wear either. She doesnt cycle, just uses it to put her work stuff in to go to work/between shops, and carries alot of paper work.

Its worth the money i think, and a very good buy.
Heres a pic of it with the bike frame in, and forks(inside the bag)
Image052-1.jpg

And hopefully this has made sence!

Edit: The other negative is the main strap sometimes slips when theres a heavy load in it, but if you get the 2 straps set right then it wont. It onyl slips when ive got it up high on my back and im going to school with a heavy load.

Top Bottom