The Observer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2wheelsgood

Several page long celebration of cyling in Review section of Obs today. Interviews with celebrities who cycle, reflections on the joy of cycling etc etc.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid

snorri

Legendary Member
Slightly off topic, but still a cycling in the media story.
I listened to a radio programme this morning in which the presenter described his first experience on an electric assist bicycle. He said it gave him a slightly guilty feeling from the environmental point of view as he moved silently along at 8-9 mph, and a slightly smug feeling as he overtook all of the other cyclists on the road :biggrin:. He took pleasure from the shocked looks on the faces of the overtaken cyclists.
These obviously were not CycleChatters being overtaken by a 9 mph electric assist.:biggrin:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
snorri said:
Slightly off topic, but still a cycling in the media story.
I listened to a radio programme this morning in which the presenter described his first experience on an electric assist bicycle. He said it gave him a slightly guilty feeling from the environmental point of view as he moved silently along at 8-9 mph, and a slightly smug feeling as he overtook all of the other cyclists on the road :biggrin:. He took pleasure from the shocked looks on the faces of the overtaken cyclists.
These obviously were not CycleChatters being overtaken by a 9 mph electric assist.:sad:

He would NOT have got past me. :biggrin:

I effin hate them things, as much as I dispise 'mobility' scooters (ridden by people with no mobility issues, just idle)

I would have just upped it a gear, said sarcastically, "what's up, not fit enough to pedal?"

Then show him a nice, chiseled backside as I disappear into the distance.

Top Bottom